The Wookey Hole Horror
The inspiration for this project is frankly a little obscure, but it somehow came out of a few very late nights at Glastonbury Festival 2017 and Miss Macneil’s penchant for corsets. Both of us rather like dressing up (I have a wardrobe that’s got a number of striking jackets), although I’m probably better described as a Lovecraftian companion to her Steampunk style. Wookey Hole is the perfect location for a Lovecraft inspired horror story, and that’s a view of one of the caves as the backdrop. I nod respectfully at Sidney Paget, the original illustrator of Sherlock Holmes in The Strand Magazine and my choices of lettering are lifted from Art Nouveau sources.
This is Episode Four in what will become a series of six illustrations. I started at four because all the best trilogies do, of course.
- Episode IV: The Wookey Hole Horror
- Episode V: The Wookey Hole Horror Strikes Back
- Episode VI: The Return of The Wookey Hole Horror
And a prequel trilogy:
- Episode I: The Phaeton Menace
- Episode II: Attack of the Clowns
- Episode III: Revenge of the Wraith
Any connection to existing works is, of course, entirely coincidental.